Spitsbergen, East Greenland and Iceland - Northbound on Ocean Adventurer
Nothing quite says adventure like approaching a shimmering glacier in a Zodiac or stopping in your tracks because you think you might have spotted a polar bear in the distance. But when you undertake an expedition in the Arctic, moments like these are the norm, not the exception. From the icy islands of Spitsbergen, the abandoned Arctic ghost towns of Greenland, to the creative and cosmopolitan Reykjavik, each day will be full ...
- Adventure and Active
Ocean Adventurer has long been a fleet favorite among guests and crew who've appreciated the charm and intimacy of this 128-passenger vessel, its ample outdoor deck space, numerous cozy spots to socialize onboard - and the outdoor jacuzzi. A few years ago, Ocean Adventurer underwent a multimillion-dollar renovation involving a talented team of marine architects, engineers, interior designers and polar expedition specialists. Quark Expeditions is proud of the enhancements to the much-loved polar vessel - which subsequently won the Travel Weekly Magellan Award for Overall Small Cruise Ship (500 passengers or under).
The refurbishments now enjoyed by guests:
- A refreshed, contemporary new look and feel throughout the ship
- The addition of six new twin cabins and three new suites
- All existing cabins furnished with new soft furnishings and brand new bathrooms
- Remodelling of common areas such as the Lounge and Dining Room
- Major technical enhancements, such as two new Rolls Royce engines, which increase fuel efficiency and minimize carbon footprint.
Our leaders are born and raised in-country, and ...